If you put your home on the market, chances are you want it to sell quickly. However, there are certain circumstances in which sellers don’t just want their home to sell quickly, they actually need it to sell super fast. This may be due to a sudden relocation, the purchase of a new home with a tight closing date, or any number of other reasons.
Obviously, this can be a stressful situation. However, there are some practical things you can do to help your home sell super fast:
- Find out the current market value of your property. This will guide you in your decision on the listing price.
- Be reasonable about the listing price. You can sell quickly and still get a good price for your home. But, realistically, you won’t be able to hold out in the hopes of getting an “above market value” offer.
- Be as flexible and accommodating as possible when it comes to scheduling viewings. If you’re going to restrict buyers to seeing your home on Saturdays from 3 to 5, then you’re going to reduce your chances of a quick sale.
- Clean and declutter your home. This is the fastest way to dramatically improve how it shows.
- Tend to the outside of your property. Cut the grass. Trim the hedges. Fix the creaking back gate. Do everything you can to increase your property’s curb appeal.
- Apply fresh paint wherever possible. Painting is the quickest and least expensive “renovation” you can do. It can significantly improve the look of any area of your home.
- Spread the news that your home is on the market and that you’re looking for a quick sale. Tell your friends, family and co-workers.